Thursday, May 3, 2007

a part of me died....




so I went out street riding last night, like I do every wednesday evening. this time we actually made it into downtown Minneapolis. As we rode a round we go to the spot that you see above. Loring Greenway. I got a bit choked up when I looked over the fence to see this.. a little part of me died, that's how I felt. this spot has been a part of the minneapolis scene for ages.. I can remember skateboarding there when I was in the 7th grade. I am 32 years old now. I skated this spot daily in the summers and we hardly ever got kicked out of this spot. it was a a sure thing up until the day they put hte fence up around it. There have been so many things that I seen done on these banks. We would dig out the top for over ice picks, jump the hips I once saw a skateboarder gap from left to right over the smaller planter about 15 years ago. I have seen numerous tailwhips, barspins, tree rides you name it it's been done here, it was a meeting place for riders and skater alike. everyone knew where this palce was, not anymore. ...... I am glad I got to ride this spot one last time this spring. I myself will surely miss this place. I am confident that others in our scene whether they skate, blade, or BMX will miss this spot as well.


RIP Loring Greenway. you have provided me with at least 15 years of fun times and tons of memories...
Todd J.

No comments: